Proteus is operated by Xergy Group Limited (registered at 25 Rubislaw Terrace, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB10 1XE, with company number SC610556) (“we“, or “us“). We are the controller of any personal data collected and processed in relation to the Proteus platform and the services provided by us. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy at all times.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies to the Proteus web app os.proteus-work.com, our website www.xergy.com and the Proteus mobile app (together the “Platform”) and any products and services of whatever nature (whether existing now or in the future) available through the Platform (the “Services”).
We have a designated Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your personal data
In this section we have set out:
(a) the purposes for which we may process personal data;
(b) the categories of personal data that we process in connection with each purpose; and
(c) our lawful basis for the data processing
Usage Data: We process data about your use of the Platform and the Services. This usage data may include the following: your IP address, your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of Platform visit, referral source, page views and navigation, as well as information about timing, frequency and the pattern of your Service use. The source of the usage data is our website analytics tracking system and cookies (see Cookies section below). We process this usage data for our legitimate interests in monitoring use of the Platform to analyse use and to improve user experience.
Contact Data: We may process your contact data to respond to any queries that you submit to us about the Platform or the Services. This personal data may include: your name; contact information; metadata relating to your query when it comes via our Platform; and, the contents of your communication. Our lawful basis for this processing your contact data is either our legitimate interest in responding to your correspondence, or, where such communications relate to your account, the fulfilment of our contract with you.
Profile Data: We process the personal data included in your account profile created on the Platform. This may include: your name, contact information, job details and employment history, experience, skills, performance ratings and reviews. The profile data will be processed for the purposes of providing you with access to the Platform and to allow us to provide you with the Services. Our lawful basis for this processing is the fulfilment of our contract with you.
Financial Data: We process your financial data when you purchase our subscription plans through the Platform. This transaction data may include the following: your contact details, your card details and the details of the transaction itself. The financial data may be processed for the purpose of fulfilling the Services and our lawful basis for doing so is the performance of a contract.
Marketing: We may process your contact information for the purpose of sending you email updates and marketing communications about our products or third party products that we believe may be of interest to you. Our lawful basis for this processing is consent, or where appropriate our legitimate interest in advertising products that we believe may be of interest to your organisation. You can opt out of receiving these communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in any email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Legal purposes: We may also process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of any legal claims against us, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, specifically the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of all others involved.
Our legal obligations: In addition to the above specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this policy, we may also process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect yours or other user’s vital interests.
We use anonymised user data to analyse the use of our Services and Platform, and for use in our marketing materials. We take your privacy seriously and never use any data in our analysis or marketing materials that can identify any individual user.
Sharing your Data
We may share your personal data to third parties for the purposes of providing services in relation to the Platform and in the context of corporate transactions.
We will not transfer your personal data to countries located outside the EEA or UK.
Financial transactions conducted on the Platform are handled by our nominated payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your deposits, and payments, refunding payments and for dealing with complaints or queries relating to payments and refunds.
Sharing your data on the Platform
Your personal data on your user profile will be visible to other users on our Platform. You may choose to keep some aspects of your profile private from other users and this can be controlled in your account settings.
If you choose to apply for a role advertised on the Platform marketplace and share your personal data directly with another user for the purposes of applying for that role, then that user will become a separate controller of your personal data (meaning that they are responsible for making decisions about how they handle and use that personal data). Information about how this user processes your personal data should be obtained directly from that user.
Duration of processing
We shall retain your personal data or as long as is necessary to provide the Platform and the Services to you, unless we are required by law to retain your data for a longer period. We may retain your data for a period after your have closed your account in case you wish to reopen it in the near future. If you wish to have your data deleted on closing your account you may ask that we do so in line with yours rights described below.
If you contact us with an enquiry not related to your account then we will only hold your name and contact details for as long as is necessary to handle your query.
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data. In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
- The right to access personal data we hold about you: You can contact us to request a copy of the data we hold about you, as well as why we process that data, who has access to it, and where we got it.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold about you: If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, please let us know and we will ensure that it is updated.
- The right to have your personal data erased: In some circumstances if you no longer wish us to process your data, you can request that we erase it. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted, or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted. Unfortunately if you choose to have certain account or contact data erased then you will no longer be able to use the Platform or the Services.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data: You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have lawful grounds to continue, for example if the data is required to allow us to provide you access to the Platform and the Services. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- The right to complain: You can make a complaint to us by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information before you withdrew your consent.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data or by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” in any email. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
We may use both cookies and pixels – small text files that are placed on your machine – to help the Platform provide a better user experience. We use these cookies and pixels to:
- recognise you whenever you visit the Platform (this speeds up your access to the Platform as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the Platform;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your experience more efficient and enjoyable.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better.
However, you may prefer to disable cookies on the Platform. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings accordingly. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Platform. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.