20 December 2022
Digital Product Designer (UX|UI)
We have fantastic opportunities for flexible go-getters who welcome the challenge of meeting the needs of a growing business. Ranked as one of Scotland’s top tech startups and one of only 4 companies in the Scottish Enterprise 2021 business plan, Xergy Group is a dynamic software startup changing how organisations work. Proteus is our cloud-based platform which increases efficiency, reduces costs, and drives performance whilst facilitating remote working.
Xergy is looking for a Junior to Mid-level UX|UI Digital Product Designer to join the team developing Proteus (xergy.com/proteus).
Our headquarters are in Aberdeen city centre, but we are also happy to offer the role with an element of remote-working ongoing.
- Report to, take requirements from, and work closely with, the Lead Product Designer;
- You will also work closely with our talented development team;
- Play a key role in bringing our innovative cloud-based platform to life and shaping the user experience and visual design of the platform;
- Utilise the latest UX|UI design practice, heuristics, principles, and tools to contribute to minor UX|UI ad-hoc updates right through to innovative and exciting research and development projects;
- Collate research or work with user and sales team feedback, where available, to drive product design and functionality improvements;
- Be expected to learn new skills and push yourself to overcome complex challenges; and,
- Eventually, contribute to the product Design System updates, enhancements, and maintenance.
The ideal applicant will be ambitious, creative, and passionate about constructing a platform that is as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. Ideally, you will have:
- A portfolio of completed projects that demonstrate your expertise in UX|UI Digital Product Design;
- An excellent grasp of the end-to-end user experience design process and also visual design practice. You will demonstrate that you can apply these to complex problems through portfolio and career experience. For instance:
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills to drive discovery, definition, ideation, design, prototype, build and test of products;
- Ability to form a structure around that research with ideation workshops, personas, journey mapping, and user flows, if and when required;
- Ability to convert ideation into the design of wireframes and prototypes; and,
- Ability to apply visual design practice to those designs in terms of brand and personality, layout, typography, iconography, design systems, design patterns, UI kits, style guides, and component libraries.
- A broad understanding of relevant web technologies, including responsive design;
- Demonstrate ability to organise and structure your work for efficiency in sharing, standardisation, and handover;
- Confidence to present and demo work to the team and clients; and,
- Excellent proficiency with Figma.
- Role Type: Full-time, Permanent – 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
- Remote working available (with some requirement to visit the Aberdeen office on occasion)
- Competitive salary: £30,000 to £50,000 per year
- Company pension scheme
How to Apply
Please send your CV and LinkedIn profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital, or disability status.